- Disciplinary and technical management of the Electrics/Electronics and Embedded Software department for the Audi Formula 1 power unit
- With your department, you will be responsible for:
- the development of power electronics (CU-K) for the electric drive (MGU-K) and of the DC/DC converter
- the development of independent control units for power electronics (CU-K) and for the HV battery (BMS) and the power distribution box
- the entire electrical system for the power unit, particularly the F1 standard engine control unit along with power amplifiers (SECU, PBU), sensor technology, and wiring
- the development of embedded software for engine, HV battery, and inverter control units and of efficient development environments and build tools (architecture, integration, function development, and application)
- the HIL/SIL test facility including modeling and automation as well as the commissioning and release of software and hardware
- As department head, you will also be responsible for:
- all HR topics in the department, the organization of the department, resource planning and schedules, budget limits, maintenance of management systems, and process and interface agreements
- strategic support primarily for the area of ERS (energy recovery system) development, as well as for areas of technical development (CTO area), with planning and organizing activities
• You have completed a technical degree in electrical engineering, information technology, computer science, or a comparable field.
• You can look back on professional experience in a comparable position and have gained leadership experience, ideally in motorsports.
• You have very good, practical expertise in the fields of electrics/electronics, electrical systems, and software development.
• You are adept at coordinating complex, technically interconnected tasks and projects.
• You work in an analytical, well-structured way with a focus on results and quality.
• You know how to inspire a dedicated team in an ambitious environment and lead it in a targeted way.
• You have a confident and engaging manner along with a hands-on mentality.
• You display a high level of decision-making ability, discipline, motivation, initiative, and team spirit.
• Business fluency in German and English rounds off your profile
Do you want to experience high performance and help design the future of motorsports? Then Audi is the right place for you. Sportiness is one of the core features of the Audi brand – it’s in our genes, which have evolved over more than 25 years of successful participation in motorsports. The goal of Audi Formula Racing GmbH is to engage in sustainable racing at the highest level worldwide and to give customers and fans a spectacular impression of the brand’s performance.
Grab this chance and make your mark on our future sporting successes.
With the aim of making a new commitment to motorsports and to participating in an international race series, Audi Formula Racing GmbH is putting together a team to develop a high-performance drive system. As head of the Electronics/Software Development division, you will apply your key skills leading an international team in Neuburg a. d. Donau with framework conditions that enable you to actively shape your day-to-day work. In return, we offer you an attractive package of benefits for maximum flexibility, personal development, attention to your heath, and, above all, pleasure in what you do.
From 2026, Audi will enter the FIA Formula 1 World Championship with an internally developed power unit and a works team.
The power unit will be developed at Audi Sport’s state-of-the-art Motorsport Competence Center in Neuburg an der Donau. This means a Formula 1 drive system will be made in Germany for the first time since 2009.
By entering the premier class of motorsports, Audi is taking on its greatest challenge to date when it comes to combining sustainability, innovation and optimum motorsport performance. Audi’s decision was driven by the rule changes announced by the governing body of world motorsports, the FIA. From 2026, sustainable synthetic fuels will be required to be used and the electrical content of the hybrid power unit will be increased to almost 50 percent. Audi intends to actively support the transformation of what is by far the most important motorsport series. The power unit will be developed by more than 300 employees at the Neuburg an der Donau site. The Formula 1 program will spearhead Audi’s works-based motorsport activities going forward.
Audi Formula Racing GmbH has been established as a wholly owned subsidiary of Audi Sport GmbH with responsibility for Audi’s Formula 1 project. We are currently assembling a high-performance team to develop the power unit. Take the leap into the highest class of motorsports and be a part of Audi’s journey as it writes the next chapter in its illustrious motorsport history! We are looking for experts in technical roles in particular.
Audi joins Formula 1
These positions are available at Audi Formula Racing GmbH in Neuburg an der Donau.
Please note that these positions are not at AUDI AG.
All positions at Audi Formula Racing GmbH are available on a part-time basis in principle.
We live diversity, we stand up actively for inclusion, and we create an environment that promotes the individuality of each person in the interests of the company.
We expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities, as their integration is a matter of special concern to us.
If you have any questions, please contact the AFR team by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org